Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine With White Wine And Chicken Nuggets

Nothing can stop me if my palate suddenly craves for a certain food.  Just like any loving dad who easily spoils his child by submissively giving in to his request however unreasonable they may seem to be, I too will find ways and means to satisfy and fulfill my hungry pang, no matter how unreasonable the situation turns out to be.

Two days ago, for no particular reason, I suddenly craved to have fettuccine pasta for breakfast. Though rushing for time and knowingly that there's nothing much left in the refrigerator, this hard headed bozo just bulldozed against the odds and finally managed to whip one out in a miniscule 20 minutes, yes from boiling the pasta to making the sauce....all from scratch!

I immediately made a quick browse on the net looking for something simple and fast to prepare.  So, here's the recipe my ravenous eyes scanned and caught.  In fact, there were abundant on the net and most of them were so simple to prepare that I did not even bother to have them bookmarked or jotted down.  As a result, I wasn't able to credit the source of the recipe.  I did try to find it back but gave up finally as it was just like looking for a needle in a haystack.     

As it's gonna be quick preparation, obviously there's no way I would have enough time to prepare the chicken pieces.  Instead, I substituted it with chicken nuggets.  Hey, surprisingly it turned to be just as good.  The flavour from the nuggets just complimented so well with the creamy pasta.  Slurp!  I would highly recommend that you try this for once if you are looking for a super quick meal.  While preparing the sauce, I  concurrently boiled my pasta and popped the frozen nuggets into the microwave to defrost them and subsequently into my mini oven to toast them.  By the time my sauce was ready, my pasta and the nuggets were also cooked.  Quickly, I dished them out onto a plate, sprinkled some pepper corns and voila, an elegant-looking pasta dish was waiting for me, all ready to put a big smile on my face.

Now, here the step-by-step method preparing the creamy white whine mushroom sauce..... 

Stir fry the garlic, then the mushroom
Add in the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes

Add in the thickened cream
Simmer until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency
Ingredients
(serves 3-4)
fettuccine pasta, boiled al dente
6 pcs chicken nuggets, oven baked
6 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup white wine
1 cup thickened cream
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper


Method:
  1. Boil the pasta as per packaging instruction.
  2. Oven baked the chicken nuggets.
  3. Stir fry the chopped garlic until golden brown.
  4. Add in the sliced mushrooms and fry them until the sides are brown.
  5. Add in white wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
  6. Add in the thickened cream.
  7. Add in the grated parmesan cheese. (I omitted this)
  8. Simmer the sauce until the it thickens to the desired consistency.
  9. Add in salt and pepper.
  10. Drizzle the sauce over pasta.
  11. Top the dish with chicken nuggets & pepper corns.
  12. Ready to dig in.




No comments:

Post a Comment