Monday, June 27, 2016

Lime Cupcake

 
This cake is so good that it drew me to make the second batch the next few days.  I personally love the cake a lot due to the tinge of lime in it.  Needless to say, the cake is soft, moist and fluffy.  Most importantly, the lime frosting just blends so well with the cake in that it never fails to perk up the palate and puts a smile on your face.

I got the recipe from Ann Low of Anncoo Journal when she posted it on Facebook.  The caption and photos were good enough to capture my eyes and before I knew it, I was already at the market talking to the vendor asking him to explain the different types of limes he sold.  Whipping up the cake was not at all difficult nor complicated.  So, if you are a newbie at baking or want to whip up a quick simple dessert for a potluck party, please seriously consider this recipe! 


While I was writing this blog (in McDonalds', my usual hangout spot after breakfast), suddenly I got interrupted by an old aunty whom I had recently made friend with.  Apparently, I had given her a piece of the cupcake before I settled myself down at my table.  She walked up to my table and this is what she uttered:

"Tan, I'm already 74 years old and this is my first time eating a cake made by a man.  See, I finished the cake.  Thank you, thank you sooo much!  God bless you!" 

When she walked away, I was still sitting at my table grinning like a Cheshire cat.  All I know, it is indeed a GOOD MORNING today!


The Recipe:
yields about 8-9 pcs

The Cake
  • 2 large eggs
  • 150g butter, softened
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 75g yoghurt
  • 115g self-raising flour
  • zest of 2 limes
  • ½ tbsp lime juice
 The Lime Frosting
  • 100g icing sugar, sifted (too sweet for my taste bud, I recommend reducing to 80g)
  • 70g butter, room temperature
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • zest of 1 lime
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 160 deg C. Line muffin pan with 9 cupcake papers.
  2. Lightly beat eggs, add butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy.
  3. Add yoghurt and flour, stir to combine with a hand whisk. Add lime zest and lime juice, mix well again.
  4. Divide the mixture evenly into the cake cases. Bake for 25-35 minutes until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool before icing.
  5. Topping ~ Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients, mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, and spread onto cakes. Top with lime candy or decorate as desired.




2 comments:

  1. Еxcellent article, your blog is really unique and nice, truly you have extraordinary informative data. Thanks.
    italycatalog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oleg for the compliment! Pardon me for the overdue reply! God Bless!

      Delete