Friday, June 5, 2009

Why Chinese Shouldn't Have Christian Names...

One bad habit that I possess is I am overly sensitive to names that sound awkward or dirty. I would self-indulgently giggle (most of the time uncontrollably) to my heart's content. Please stop shaking your head! I know I have been very mean! But I just can't help it especially when it really tickles!

So, to all current and future parents out there, please be serious enough and extra careful when you are naming your child. Give him/her name that is meaningful and that would make him/her walk tall. Never make him the laughing stock that would adversely affect his self-esteem.

Avoid these names, please if you can:


Anne Chang (Mandarin)-Dirty


Anne Chin (Mandarin) - Keep quiet


Faye Chen(Mandarin) - Dusty


Carl Cheng(Hokkien) - Buttock


Monica Cheng(Hokkien) - Touching your buttocks


Lucy Leow(Hokkien) - You are dead


Jane Tan(Mandarin) - Frying eggs


Suzie Leow(Hokkien) - Lost till death


Henry Mah(Mandarin) - Hate your mum


Corrine Tai (Hokkien) - Poor fellow


Paul Chan(Mandarin) - Bankrupt


Nelson Tan(Mandarin) - Bird laying eggs


Leslie Tong(Mandarin) - Rubbish bin


Carmen Teng (Hokkien) - Leg hair long


Connie Mah(Cantonese) - Call your mother


Danny See(Hokkien) - Squeeze you to death


Rosie Teng (Hokkien) - Screws and nails


Pete Tsai(Hokkien) - Nose droppings


Macy Koh(Cantonese) - Never die before


Harry Kok (English) - You know what I mean

1 comment:

  1. Hey, why dont you just continue to type for the last name< Harry Kok>???

    ReplyDelete